Legal Studies – QQI Level 5 course enables students with the skills and understanding relating to legal practice required to start a career in the legal sector.
Students will study at least eight subjects in this full time one year such as Legal Practice and Procedures, Applied Economics, Criminal Law and Business Law.
Students who take this course aim to progress to study a law degree or a business and law degree at third level in DCU, UCD, NUI Maynooth or in TU Dublin (DIT) Work placement in the course involves working in a solicitor’s practice or legal research to provide students with valuable experience in preparation for a prospective career in law or a law related area.
- All applicants should have Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Mature applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Business Law
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration Skills
- Accounting Manual & Computerised
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Work Experience
- Statistics (Optional)