Students who successfully complete this course will:
- understand the historical development of sport and recreation and contemporary issues and trends
- be familiar with the organisational structures of sport and recreation in Ireland and the factors that promote an effective leisure industry
- be aware of the benefits of active participation in leisure activities
- understand the role of tourism in the growth of sport and recreation
- be aware of career and professional development opportunities in the leisure industry
Course includes work experience.