This course serves as a foundation for those who wish to pursue a career in the nursing profession or to progress to other related areas in higher education. It also enables the learner to acquire the knowledge, skills, and competence to work under supervision in a variety of hospital and other healthcare settings.
Leaving Cert or its equivalent (approximately 300 points to include at a minimum ordinary level Maths and English).
- Care Support
- Work Experience (120 hours may be required)
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Nursing Theory & Practice
- Care Provision and Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Human Growth & Development
- Word Processing