The overall aim of the course is to introduce the learner to the area of Psychology and Social Studies. This programme will provide the learner with the opportunity to develop their understanding, awareness, knowledge, research and study skills and competence in the area of Applied Social Studies so that they may proceed to work in the social care sector or progress to further or higher study.
- Leaving Certificate Standard or QQI Level 4
All mature students (23+) without these qualifications are welcome to apply
- Intercultural studies 5N0765
- Young People and Society 5N2002
- Psychology 5N0754
- Communications 5N0690
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Human Growth and Development 5N1279
- Social Studies 5N1370
- Care Support 5N0758
- Understanding Mental Health 5N3772
Note: Modules may be subject to change
On successful completion of the course, candidates who reach the required standard will receive the following awards:
- QQI Level 5 Certification in Applied Social Studies (5M2181)
Click here for further information on the course and possible progression routes.