The MBC Tourism with Business programme offers students the ideal combination of subjects to enable them to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to gain direct entry into the work place in a tourism or business related role, to progress to MBC’S Level 6 programme or for progression to suitable CAO courses further afield.
Students will attend work placement on a block basis. One of the great benefits of work experience is that it can lead to a full-time job. Work placement is arranged within the tourism and business sector.
- Leaving Certificate Standard or QQI Level 4
All mature students (23+) without these qualifications are welcome to apply
- Tourism Principles and Practice 5N2078
- Tourism Information and Administration 5N0636
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Communications 5N0690
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Word Processing 5N1358
- Irish Cultural and Heritage Resources 5N1293
- Marketing Practice 5N1400
Note: Modules may be subject to change
On successful completion of the course, candidates who reach the required standard will receive the following awards:
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism with Business (5M5011)
Click here for further information on the course and possible progression routes.