Liberal Arts – QQI Level 5 course aims to provide opportunities for school leavers to gain access to Arts, Social Science & Humanities degree programmes at Universities and I.T.s. It will provide a second chance for many school leavers who aspire to Third Level. This course is confined to school leavers. Similar programmes within CDETB are offered to non-school leavers.
The course provides an introduction to writing skills, research studies and gives a foundation in the academic subjects in preparation for third level.
Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects, to include English.
- Students must be under 23 years of age on 1st September of the year of course commencement.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
Students will be offered a programme from the following minor awards:
- Research and Study Skills
- English Literature
- Applied Psychology
- Social Studies
- Personal and Professional Development
- Word Processing
Students also choose one of the following three minors:
- Applied Economics
- Media Analysis