This course will equip learners with a high standard of administrative/secretarial, business, legal, medical and essential IT skills for the modern office. Learners also gain a range of transversal skills such as organisational and communication skills, which are highly sought after by today’s employers. Learners will be introduced to the world of legal and medical practice. Legal studies enables learners to get an overview of legal principles and procedures. Medical Terminology provides learners with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to pursue an administrative career in healthcare or related fields.
This qualification equips students witha a range of skills desirable skills to attract employers. This course is supported by FIT, which offers students the opportunity to acquire essential skills to gain employment. Students are given training in job interview techniques and CV preparation
The course is aimed at:
- School Leavers
- Those who have been in the workforce before, but now need to update and develop new skills
- Those who wish to acquire IT skills for the first time
- Those who wish to defer a college place in order to improve their IT skills
- This course has a strong record of sending graduates into direct employment
One of the following:
- Leaving Certificate
- A Level 4 QQI Award
- Mature applicants are welcome
- Information and Administration
- Word Processing
- Text Production
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Medical Terminology
- Work Experience
- Digital Presentation Skills
Level 5 QQI Award Office Administration (5M1997)
Microsoft Office Specialist (Optional)
Assessment techniques will be used to assess the knowledge and skills that students will have achieved on successful completion of modules:
- Student Record
- Portfolio/Collection of Work
- Examinations (written or practical)
DFEi: Graduates may progress to the QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Office Management at DFEi.
Elsewhere: Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme to a range of higher certificate and degree programmes, at Universities, Institutes of Technology and Technological Universities.
- BA Arts
- BA Humanities
- BSc Social Sciences
- BSc Psychology
University College Dublin
- Bachelor of Arts
National University of Ireland Maynooth
- BA in Human Resource Management
National College of Ireland
- BSc in Human Resource Management
TU Dublin-City Campus (formerly DIT)
Graduates find employment in medical practices, law firms, payroll/accounts departments and business organisations of all sizes, public and private.
Dfei partners with DAC Beachcoft, an international law firm, to provide work placements and guide them in finding their ideal job.