This level 5 theatrical media and fashion make up artistry course from Blackrock Institute of Further Education offers the following certification..
- ITEC Diploma in Fashion and Specialised Make-Up
- ITEC Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements
- ITEC Certificate in Skincare
- ITEC Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
- QQI Retail Selling (Level 5 Component Award)
- Fashion and Photography Make-Up
- Theatrical Make-Up
- Make-Up Charts
- Make-Up Techniques
- Media Make-Up
- 3 Dimensional Make-Up
- High Definition Make-Up
- Special Effects
- Body Paint
- Skin and Eye Treatments
- Lash and Brow Enhancements
- Retail Selling
- Tanning, Fashion Trends, Film Grade Make-Up Demonstrations, Casting and Inglot Master Classes.
- Skin Care
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
Make-up artistry career opportunities exist in the fields of cosmetic sales, film, television, photography, theatre, fashion and the print-media. Graduates work as professional make-up and special-effects artists. Freelance or contract employment in media productions and presentations is common. The Skin Treatment Diploma enables graduates to gain employment in beauty salons and/or as freelance therapists/make-up artists. The work is varied, interesting and rewarding.