Computer Networks and Cyber Security - Level 5
This level 5 Computer Networks and Cyber Security course from Blackrock Institute of Further Education equips learners with skills and knowledge in the areas of IT networking and security protocols. The course teaches how to build and configure local area networks (LANs) to enable the sharing of computing resources among users. Protection of data is now a priority for all businesses. As well as learning the fundamentals of computer network security, this course will equips students with the skills to identify security threats and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Computer Systems
- Operating Systems
- Networking Essentials
- Distributed Systems
- Work Experience
Graduates of this course will have opportunities to pursue a career in areas such as..
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- IT Security Technician
- Help-desk Technician
Graduates of this course can progress through the Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS) and apply for CAO courses such as the ones shown below..
- BTech Networking Technologies or Bachelor of Engineering Technological University Dublin [City] – www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Computing – Digital Forensics & Cyber Security Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] – www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Cybercrime and IT Security Institute of Technology Carlow – www.itcarlow.ie
- BSc in Computer Science University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie