Computer Programming – QQI Level 5 Computer Programming course proivdes students an excellent grounding in computer programming C++ and Java and Game Design. Students develop practical skills and can progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development. This level 6 course has an advanced second year entry link with Dublin Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, NCI, IT Tallaght and Griffith College. The Certificate in Computer Programming course also enables students to apply through the CAO directly to third level. This course has a high success rate in terms of students securing places in DIT, ITT, NCI, ITB, Maynooth University, UCD and IADT.
- Leaving Certificate standard of education, Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience
- Data Base Methods
- Web Authoring
- Programming and Design Principles
- Networking Essentials
- Games Analysis Design