News and Media in a Digital Age course provides students the fundamental skills of a journalist in the 21st century. It incorporates both practical methods of working across various media and the theoretical underpinnings of journalism that are as relevant today as they ever were. The course reflects the advancement of digital technology and publication of news on various platforms and gives students the tools to report the news and engage the public in a constantly evolving media and news environment.
- Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects including English.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Media Analysis
- Writing Skills for Journalism
- Research Skills for Journalism
- Technical Skills for Journalism
- Work Experience
- Radio Programme Production
- Public Relations
- Digital Marketing
- Political Studies