This level 5 pharmacy assistant law course from Blackrock Institute of Further Education equips learners with skills and knowledge in the areas of pharmacy in a retail setting.
- This IPU Medicines Counter Assistant Course is certified by the IPU (Irish Pharmacy Union). The IPU exam takes place in April/May.
- The IPU MCA Course has recently achieved ATHE Endorsed Standard of Education and Assessment. ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education) is an Ofqual regulated Awarding Body credited by a regulated Awarding Body and is recognised in 40 countries worldwide. A learner’s benefit in achieving the IPU MCA Endorsed Certificate is higher employability and recognised portable skills.
- The remaining subjects are certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of work submitted during the year and exams.
- Learners who successfully pass all 8 QQI subjects will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services (5M4468).
- Nutrition Anatomy and Physiology
- Retail Selling
- Reception and Frontline Skills
- Word Processing
- Safety and Health at Work
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
Graduates of this course will have opportunities to pursue a career in facilities such as..
- Health Stores
- Department Stores – Cosmetic Sales & Skincare Advisor
- Healthcare Sales Representatives
- Reception in Healthcare Field
Graduates of this course can progress through the Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS) and apply for CAO courses such as the ones shown below..
- BSc Social Sciences, University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie
- BSc Pharmaceutical Science, Technological University Dublin [Tallaght] – www.tudublin.ie
- BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science, Waterford Institute of Technology – www.wit.ie
- Higher Certificate Pharmacy Technician Studies, Technological University Dublin [City] – www.tudublin.ie
- Higher Certificate in Science – Pharmacy Technician Studies, Carlow Institute of Technology – www.itcarlow.ie