This full-time course is designed to equip both school leavers and mature applicants with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and under supervision providing administration services and support in a range of office administration contexts and or to progress to further and or higher level studies. It also suits learners who wish to defer their college place for a year and acquire good IT skills to assist them in their future studies.
Students will attend work placement on a block basis. One of the great benefits of work experience is that it can lead to a full-time job. Work placement is arranged in business firms or professional offices.
- Leaving Certificate Standard or QQI Level 4
All mature students (23+) without these qualifications are welcome to apply
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610
- Communications 5N0690
- Database Methods 5N0783
- Information and Administration 5N1389
- Legal Practice and Procedures 5N1394
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977
- Text Production 5N1422
- Word Processing 5N1358
- Work Experience 5N1356
Note: Modules may be subject to change
On successful completion of the course, candidates who reach the required standard will receive either:
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration (5M1997)
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration (5M2468)
Click here for further information on the course and possible progression routes.