QQI Level 5 Community Health Services – Code 5M4468
1 year Full-time
This course enables students to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work as a special needs assistant in a range of education settings, such as primary and post-primary.
Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent.
For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Human Growth & Development
- Understanding Special Needs
- Special Needs Assisting
- Person Centred Focus to Disability
- Safety and Health at Work
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
A period of work experience is incorporated in this programme.
Graduates from this course will be qualified to support the learning environment of children attending different education settings.
QQI Level 5 Community Health Services – 5M4468
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- Early Childcare & Education Level 6 (available in the College) – a minimum of 5 credits at QQI Level 5 is required.
- DIT, DT571 Social Care
- DIT, DT572 Early Childhood Education
- IT Blanchardstown, BN118 Early Childhood Education